Membership Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) constitute a legal agreement by and between Your Company (hereafter “You”, “Your” or “Your Company”) and the Bakersfield Business Networking Group and its subsidiaries (hereafter “BBNG”, “We”, “Us” or “The Association”).
Becoming a Member:Please read these Terms and Conditions. If you agree join us. If you don’t agree then don’t join us.
I. MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM. There is only one Membership Program. You can pay monthly or yearly for your membership.
- Regular membership paid yearly $125.00
- Regular membership paid yearly $20.00 a month on auto debit or 30 if not auto debit
II. REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIP. Complete and Submit Application to BBNG:
- Membership Application: By submitting the application, You certify to BBNG that the information contained in it is accurate and that You have the authority to bind Your Company to these Terms and Conditions. BBNG will respond to membership applicants ASAP. After notification of membership acceptance, You can use the benefits and services of the Membership Program of which You are a member.
- Communication: You must have and maintain a valid e-mail address, phone & postal address to enable Your Company to communicate with BBNG. A condition of membership in any Membership Program is that You receive from BBNG program surveys, email, newsletters and other communications related to the Membership Programs.
- Payment: BBNG will accept membership payments by credit card (Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express) Check, Pay Pal or if by Cash in our office located at 531 H street Bakersfield, CA 93304. All membership payments must be made within one calendar month of date of invoice. Upon invoice of a second monthly bill, a late fee of $10.00 will apply to all outstanding balances.
A. Membership Benefits will be suspended if payment (or payment arrangement) is not made within two months or 60 days of date of invoice(s). B. Membership Benefits will be canceled for non-payment if payment is not made, nor satisfactory payment arrangements agreed, within three months or 90 days from date of earliest invoice. C. Membership canceled for non-payment will be subject to a reinstatement charge of $50.00 to renew membership.
- Membership Term: Membership is perpetual unless revoked or terminated. Membership in BBNG starts with a 12 month commitment. After 12 consecutive months of membership you may cancel your membership by following the directions on the cancellation policy. BBNG membership is annual and will renew on your anniversary month automatically. In the event you change your membership from pay-monthly to pay-yearly, your anniversary date will change to the month of payment. A written cancellation must be submitted no less then 30 days in advance of your anniversary month per our cancellation policy to decline renewal. Please see complete cancellation policy for details.
- Membership Benefits will be extended only to accounts in good standing; i.e. not suspended or revoked as outlined in Paragraph II, Section (3). Suspended or canceled members are therefore not eligible to sign up for, or receive free listings in, group-sponsored activities including discounted trade shows, web site listings, community outreach events, Memberships canceled by BBNG for non-payment will loose any member discounts given at the time of contract; i.e. discounted contracts will be re-invoiced at non-member rates; not to exceed twice the member price.
- Update Information: At least once per year, you must verify and update Your business information (including, but not limited to, business name, primary and secondary contact, job title, email address, business address (physical and mailing), postal code, telephone and fax number) that Your Company has on file with BBNG
III. PROGRAM BENEFITS AND SERVICES. From time to time, BBNG may offer benefits or services to members of the Membership Programs. Benefits or services may be governed by separate guidelines, rules or other terms and conditions that will be provided with that offer. The guidelines, rules or terms and conditions for a particular benefit or service shall govern that particular benefit or service.
IV. OTHER TERMS, CONDITIONS AND NOTICES
- Member Web Site and Password. You must have a password to access certain areas of the Membership Program benefits and services. You shall keep your password secure and confidential and use it only for your authorized access to the Membership Programs website. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur with your password. You shall notify BBNG immediately of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your password. BBNG is not responsible for any consequences that result from any unauthorized use of your password.
- No Agency. No agency, partnership, joint venture, franchise, or employment relationship is created between BBNG and You or Your Company as a result of these Terms and Conditions or Your Company’s participation in any of the Membership Programs. Neither of us is authorized to create any obligation, express or implied, on behalf of the other.
- Assignment. Membership is not transferable or assignable. BBNG may assign or delegate its rights and/or obligations, in part or in whole, under this agreement to any of its subsidiaries that are wholly owned directly or indirectly by BBNG.
- Order of Priority. The English language version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail over any translations of them. The terms of any trademark license agreement(s) shall prevail over these Terms and Conditions with respect to the subject matter of the trademark license agreement.
- Waiver. Failure to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such terms, nor affect their enforceability.
- Governing Law and Forum. Any claim arising under or relating to the Membership Programs, the materials, or the websites shall be adjudicated in the following forums and governed by the following laws: For the United States of America the forum shall be Bakersfield, California, USA and the applicable law shall be that of the State of California, without reference to its conflict of law principles.
- Limitation of Liability. NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BBNG shall not be liable to any Member if a KCBA employee or any other party acting on behalf of BBNG or acting on behalf of a Program Member accesses or updates the personal and/or business profile information of the Program Member(s).
VI. MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policy may seem a bit over the top; however, it is intended to protect our members from fraud. In the past we have had a competitor of one of our members try to cancel the member’s membership. Due to this, we have put in place this safeguard for the protection of our members.
Membership in BBNG starts with a 12 month commitment. After 12 consecutive months of membership you may cancel your membership by following the directions below. Your membership will continue on a month to month basis until you provide written notice of cancellation. Your membership will be immediately terminated upon such notice.
Common misunderstandings – these will not cancel your membership
- * Membership does not automatically cancel after 1 year.
- * Not paying your dues will not cancel your membership and could amount to several hundred dollars in past dues and late fees and could eventually result in legal fees.
- * Calling the office to cancel your membership, then saying that you spoke with some girl and that she said it was ok.
- * Sending an email or replying to an email.
Canceling your membership with BBNG can be done in 1 of 2 ways:
- You can make an appointment with Kyle Brown and submit your cancellation in person. Kyle is available most days Monday ~ Friday 10am to 4pm. or at our weekly meeting from 7am to 7:30am
- You can send a certified letter of cancellation and include the following information:
1. Your Name:
2. Company Name:
5. Phone #:
6. E-Mail Address:
7. User Name:
9. Reason for cancellation
Direct Debit Installment Agreement
1. Direct debit installment agreements are strongly encouraged
2. The Direct Debit Installment Agreement (DDIA) is a means by which funds are automatically debited from a checking account for your membership dues.
3. Some benefits of using direct debit installment agreements are:
A. The member fee is lower for a DDIA ($20 a month) than it is for a regular agreement ($30 a month);
B. less chance of forgetting to make your payment;
C. Since no check is involved, there is no chance of it being lost, mishandled, misapplied, or returned as incomplete or unsigned
4. Your account is debited on the same calendar day each month so you can plan around this for other expenses.
5. Your membership is monthly and can be cancelled with a 30 day notice.